Sep 2, 2009

What would I look like if I were a girl? (by Husband)


Bear with me, this'll be my most cerebral entry yet. What would I look like if I were a girl? This question and many more puddle my thinking with profound and complex questions that mainly lead to nothing but thoughts of what lies ahead. I am definitely an internal thinker. Even in my conversations with the Lord, I find myself peacefully in the inner sanctum of reasoning with God as if we’re chatting over a leisurely game of chess in heaven’s foyer. Thank you, Lord, for making me a father. For blessing us with a child. At first, I was gonna wait to call myself a father until my child breathed its first breath on its own, but sure enough Charity’s body has two heart beats. Why shouldn’t I claim the life of my child since he/she is indeed living? And I am determined not to allow fear any place in this pregnancy. So, I am a father, and Lord, you are so faithful and good to me. There is nothing I could’ve done to deserve such a promotion. And already my life is changed. This time, I haven’t even needed to persuade myself into thinking I’m different. My nature is changed. I simply am a new man. Both in my words, and in spirit. So I ask again, what would I look like if I were a girl? If Charity’s womb is the factory of lilacs and roses, will she look like me? Or will she carry on the curvaceous, gentle and sweet, loyal nature of her mother? And if a boy, will he think in songs like his mother? Will he be both creative and meticulous like his father? Will he draw pictures with his left hand? Oh, so many delightful memories to create. God is so good. I have so many things to look forward to, I don’t know where to begin. It keeps me up at night, even now, writing my heart’s desires at 1:26am on the first of September, my favorite month.

1 Leave a Comment! on "What would I look like if I were a girl? (by Husband)"

rhythm on September 2, 2009 at 10:14 AM said...

your baby has parents who blog about the excitement of his/her development and arrival. he/she will be amazingly beautiful.

Post a Comment