Jan 30, 2010

how great is our God...


sing with me how great is our God... what a true and perfect song to describe the posture of my heart on this morning...  i feel overwhelmed by the goodness of my God... like i am personally seeing the reality of His promise in Luke 6:38 that states  "Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom."   when i was a child my pastor would say this scripture every Sunday before offering... my brother and I would play around, mimicking the pastor to see who knew best exactly what he would say next... but despite my clowning, that deposit of the living word was taking root in me and now it is baring fruit... yesterday, at a women's function to celebrate key women in the church (my mother being one) i realized how blessed i really am... how good my life has been... how great God really is... as a child i was surrounded by kind, beautiful, godly people in my church... sister this and brother that were more like family than fellow pew sitters because we saw them soooo often... i actually did not know to complain then about how much time we spent at church - it was just the way we lived...  today i am beyond grateful that these positive adults have supported me throughout the years, they came to my track meets and plays as a child, made me feel like i mattered in the world by supporting my teenage dreams and accomplishments... and even now that my husband and i have a new church home, when i visit that familiar building they all still embrace me with true love and affection like i am their own child - still little and cute spinning around in my dress before the Lord, but only now they are oooing and ahhing in shock and excitement over the new life in "their" old little girl's belly... thank you to my parents for raising me in good and godly company...


Thank you for being a friend, Traveled down the road and back again, your heart is true your a pal and a confidant...this is the perfect song for this second part... as i watch the evening news and the host of Judge Whoever shows i am soooo thankful for the friends that I have...  they have never abused my kindness, ran up my cell phone bill, or slept with my man... we don't all talk everyday, some don't all live in the same city, but they all mean the world to me, and show that they are my Golden Girl-friends, they are great women - fun, professional, educated, supportive, generous, and most of all honest women... i have been friends with some of them for over ten years of bad boyfriends, crappy jobs, silly decisions, and hilarious memories...  despite the pace of life, our bond picks right back up where we left off with a simple ring of the telephone or status update on facebook, as if time stood still for us...  at my last two baby showers i prayed silently to God and explained to baby best, that these were the type of girlfriends that you want to have... friends of quality, that can stand the tests of time... friends that are quick to forgive your mistakes and even quicker to support your success... friends that make you laugh hard enough to cry and will stay around to wipe your tears when it gets hard... real friends like your mama's... thank you God for giving me such great friends 


we're blessed in the city, we're blessed in the field, we're blessed when we come and when we go... a perfect closing song for this entry... it is the declaration of my soul and car tag... Deut 28... i want to encourage you to lean on God more, to trust his promises for you... the Lord has blessed me in every area of my life, answering big and small prayers, providing me with new when i would have been happy with used, making my good into grand, and blessing the fruit of my womb "baby Best" with more then enough, even with me not working, she has no lack at all... Thanks God for all that you do and are... thanks for erasing all my "OMG i will be a first time mother of a baby in less than a month" concerns and all the "do i have everything she needs" worries... you are more than just God you are GOOD... 
 i always sit and read the cards and reopen the gifts once everyone has gone so i can ooo and ahhh all by myself... thanks everyone for all the cloths, diapers, gift cards, etc for our little girl... we truly appreciate your kindness and pray that the Lord richly blesses you

0 Leave a Comment! on "how great is our God..."

Post a Comment