Jul 4, 2010

it's my party i can cry if i want to..


cry if i want to, cry if i want to, you would cry too if it happened to you... I hate my post pregnancy body the most on Sunday’s... 
Perhaps because
it's the one day of the week that getting pretty really is expected...
It’s a family tradition to parade in your Sunday’s best... From my
youth I was excited about putting on my pretty dresses, with sashes
tied into a perfect bow by my daddy, and going to church with my
family on Sundays... No God doesn't judge me on the basis of how I
look, but i was taught and desire to enter his presence looking my
best... just like I would if I was meeting a country's leader, like
our wonderful President Obama  (Note to readers that I am an Obama
groupie and I love the Lord no apologies)

Or perhaps Sunday’s dress-ups are special to me because it is one of
the few times per week when getting pretty is actually possible...
Most of the week I wear super comfortable gear that probably would
embarrass my little girl if she was older and can be pooped or
vomited on with no worries.. Unfortunately my baby bump is still very
present, which makes clothes look not so flattering... Even with
girdles, sweat wraps, and ultra control panties on people still say
"Congratulations" or whisper to me " r u guys expecting again"...
Please Barbra sing Send in the clowns... Boo hoo:(
i gained a total 25Lbs during my pregnancy, i was really pleased with
my pregnant body.. I was all belly and had no stretch marks at all.,.
the day after my delivery i  was amazed that i had lost  18Lbs, and by
my 6wk check up I was back at my starting weight 128... Way to go me,
although I think most of the weight lost was a result of the breast
feeding...  But my stomach is the only thing that is still
lingering... I think that I have been patient enough, like my mother
asked me to be about this post pregnancy process... She said that it
takes time for your body to shrink back down but come on now my baby
turns 4months tomorrow... (my mom continued the suppose to be comforting convo
by also saying "and u were huge baby... I mean really really bigger
than normal and you had a big ol baby so  it will take a while... Hey
look at me I still got my belly from when I carried u 29yrs ago...
Booooo hooooooo....


The kinda good news is that the main cause of the post prego bulge is
a hernia that developed during delivery... It has to be surgically
removed... Surgery huh... I am so vain that I want to get rid of it
asap to start getting winks and hey shawties again, I also want to
avoid the closet tears, "harmless" questions, and mirror dodging but
surgery now could mean that I would have to stop breastfeeding due to
post surgery meds... Plus The surgeon says I must wait at least 6
months to see if my ab muscles will shrink more.. He said that my
small frame ab muscles were really stretched to make room for mclovey,
thus the sharp internal pains and tender external skin in my stomach
area and the hernia removal will go better if my stomach muscles are
stronger... I know u r thinking like I was - bust out the ab master
machine/DVD but apparently doing ab exercises will harden the hernia
and increase problems.. Booo hooo


Gosh I just want to have my body back... Well at least the look of my
old body back for my own personal happiness since I still share it
with baby Love every 3hrs and my hubby when we don't fall asleep
hahaha no wait boooo hoooo
Please oh please belly go away... Looking fat is one thing but looking
pregnant when you are not is just plain annoying... Booo hooo if this
hernia removal and post surgery workout plan does not work than tummy
tuck here I come... Well here I come after I finish having kids five
years from now boooo hooo
If any other mommies out there is feeling blue about still have a
pregnant belly after delivery, u r not alone, check out this site http://theshapeofamother.com/

Ps sweet baby Love u were and are worth it all... My life and body has been
blessed by carrying you.. I wouldn't traid you for anything, not even
washboard abs








ps when i was trying to find photos to show you how pregnant my stomach still looks i realized that i have primarily been taking headshots since my delivery boooo hoooo


0 Leave a Comment! on "it's my party i can cry if i want to.."

Post a Comment