Apr 7, 2010

meet me in the trap...



lol ok so this is my second week home alone on mommy duty.. and we are getting into a rhythm now... i know her cries and how short my windows of opportunity to bathe and eat are... i had to take this sec, when i could fake a nap, to write this entry...  ok so i wonder how many other moms can relate to this... today my baby played with her toys for the first time... i laid her on her back in her Bright Stars Play Place so that i could run to the kitchen and clean my breast shields and pump supplies... while i washed them i heard the sound of a rattler shaking... i thought to myself OMG the playplace has collapsed on her head... but to my surprise when i looked over the counter i saw my baby girl playing... reaching, bumping, trying so hard to open  her fist so she could grab the dangling toys... it was just like that moment in Kill Bill when Uma was moving her toes... lol gooo baby McLove you are growing so fast... and after a few more tries she got it... i bust into cheers like she won an olympic race...

ok so next on the schedule after individual play is face time with mommy... which usually leads to a diaper change, the occasional nose picking, and a feeding... which then usually leads to a nap... well today she was a little restless while nursing due to the sound of her own farts startling her, which causes her to tighten her grip on my nipple and shake her head in frustration... not cool at all... plus i knew she was really tired since she woke up prematurely from her earlier nap when i slammed the dryer door...

anyway a fussy baby is no contest for the liquid gold filled boob and she finally falls asleep on my shoulder after a burp... and it was at this moment that i had to make a very critical decision... should i let her remain asleep in my arms on my chest by becoming as stiff as a board, ignoring any calls, barely breathing, and allowing my arm become numb, to loose all feeling... or do i take the risk of her waking up by getting up to lay her down...

well you know i like a dare but i need her to rest... so i pressed play on the yo-yo ma cd and in one quick move i bend at my waist and i lay her in the space directly  between my legs on the sofa... yes... it worked she is sleep and in the cutest position ... just right for me to get a couple of Anne Getty shots before her eyes popped back open... lol i could only smile... she smiled back and then drifted to sleep... but now i am stuck again... afraid to move my legs now... trapped... lol i had to write this whole blog from the side.. and thus a crook in my neck... lol at least i got the chance to blog

0 Leave a Comment! on "meet me in the trap..."

Post a Comment