Aug 17, 2009

I’m feeling good from my head to my shoes..



Oo,oo,ooo I got a new attitude. It is amazing what a week can do. Week 6-12 I was nauseous on a daily basis, had diarrhea for a week, could not brush my teeth without vomiting, had sporadic nose bleeds, cringed at the thought of opening the fridge, could not cook anything, rarely ate, and had heartburn like a 400lb truck driver. But last week I, well the baby, turned 13 weeks old. Shazam!! Miraculously I am normal again. Food is no longer my enemy. I am no longer a narcoleptic. Plus I am able to take a shower without gagging. Sure, I still miss my skin stinging hot showers and brushing my teeth with toothpaste, but this is sooo heaven compared to the last 6 weeks. Plus not to mention I am having the most amazing dreams. They are sooo vivid, full of action, and in color. God is soo brilliant huh? I mean what better way to teach me that life is no longer all about me than giving all these fun symptoms and making wake up 10 times per night to pee!! Oh and Thank you too baby.. you finally love me too huh. It must be a reflection of our daily bonding together. Today we talked about what it is going to take in order for he or she to have access to a car during high school. Oh yes, I told this baby all about the mandatory grade and behavior check ins, and how I will be making random visit to the school… be aware kid – your mama skipped class a lot buddy boy so she knows all the tricks. What? You think it is too early for this conversation.. not me..this kid is really smart and creative..I know he or she understands. He or she has already come up with preliminary, non-traditional names for the grandparents. Grandma will be called Rooster and Grandpa will be called Beachman!! The baby told me this clear as day during our special, bonding, mother-baby, convo time. I just love this baby’s creative freedom but of course the grandparents are shutting it down. I myself have a nickname for the baby… it is b3.. or baby best butter.. ok the baby best I am sure needs no explanation, but the butter might. I thought that since this baby has turned my skin into the Sahara desert that it must be pretty greased up in there.. but “oily” is a really hard nick name.. “butter” just kind of rolls off your tongue huh! I am sure these names will change with time… Maybe? In the meantime, I will just sit back and enjoy the new calm of the ride.. and hum positive melodies like “what the world needs now.. is love sweet love” and “it’s the eye of the tiger it’s the thrill of the fight"

1 Leave a Comment! on "I’m feeling good from my head to my shoes.."

rhythm on August 18, 2009 at 10:55 AM said...

:) i love you, and i'm loving "watching" this journey.

Post a Comment